[LVEE-Talks] [JOB] Требуются open source-разработчики
andrew.shadura at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 14:22:52 +03 2018
Collabora is currently looking for a very technically capable and
enthusiastic Core System Integration Open-Source Software Engineer to
join its ever growing engineering team.
As a member of the Core domain team, you will focus on developing,
adapting, integrating, packaging and validating multiple Linux system
software libraries, bundling applications through containers with
appropriate security profiles through Linux application security systems
into Linux-based distributions for different customers’ projects and
Collabora is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies
and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source
software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that
businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep
technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics,
multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market
verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV,
and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to
leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with
notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and
handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established
a broad customer portfolio.
* Discussing Linux core system technologies with clients and
representing Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate
and promote our leadership in the open source arena
* Analysing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open
source technologies and Collabora’s technical expertise
* Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the
* Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora’s
continuing technical leadership
* Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications,
technical and business strengths and target markets
* Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints,
available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
* Expertise in using containers technologies such as LXC, Flatpak and
knowledge of Linux security technologies – LSM, namespaces, cgroups,
AppArmor, SELinux – are mandatory.
* Any track record of experience with direct contributions in the
GNU/Linux distributions packaging such as Debian and/or Yocto is
* Knowledge of application manager principles as well as D-Bus and
systemd and exposure to Jenkins, Open Build Service (OBS) and OSTree
is a nice-to-have
* Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora’s market
verticals is preferable
* BS/BA or experience in the role of engineer
* Sound and demonstrable understanding of software and programming
* Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing
in the open source community
* Self-learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora’s
services, business model, project delivery life cycle and other
related technical domains
* Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
* Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed
*What working at Collabora means
* Ultimate flexibility. We offer relocation to one of our offices (in
Montreal, CA or Cambridge, UK) or work from home. Flexible working
hours, team mates around the globe.
* Amazing clients and cutting-edge technology.
* Open source all day, every day.
* Attend and speak at open source conferences: FOSDEM, ELC(E),
DebConf, GUADEC, Linux Plumbers…
* Extra paid time for getting involved with the open source community.
Interested, but not sure you’re quite fit for this position? We have
more positions to offer, so get in touch.
Want to learn more about Collabora? Don’t hesitate to ask →
andrewsh at collabora.co.uk
<mailto:Andrej%20Shadura%20%3Candrewsh at collabora.co.uk%3E>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talks